• 11 . 11 . 10
  • An informal comparison of the response from the Canadian High Commissions in Australia and the UK to the same enquiry.

  • Tags

    , ,

  • StumbleUpon

A Tale of Two Commissions

Compare the responses to the same enquiry to the Canadian High Commissions in Australia and the UK.

Australia first:

Good morning Jamie,

The Canadian Consulate General in Sydney processes the Working Holiday program applications for Australian and New Zealand citizens. Our office can not process or accept applications from other WHP programs.

Please follow the following link to find if your county of citizenship has a working holiday program and if so what the application requirements are.


Your other option would be to apply for a work permit. Information on obtaining a regular work permit can be found at the link listed below.

Temporary Work Permit:
Please refer to www.australia.gc.ca for full details on Work Permit applications where there is employer sponsorship and an HRSDC confirmed offer of employment. The Work Permit application form, requirements and frequently asked questions for Workers are available on the above website (Note: This is not the WHP Program)

Now England:

The London visa office has received your email. We’ll reply within 28
days. Don’t resend your enquiry. We reply first to emails we consider
urgent where the urgency is stated clearly. We only reply to case status
enquiries if the processing time shown on www.UnitedKingdom.gc.ca (not
www.cic.gc.ca) has passed. If you’ve submitted new information, we’ll
update your file without replying.

I appreciate that one is a real person and one is an automated response, but couldn’t they try and make it a little less intimidating?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *